Patch 5.0 Notes Aug 13, 2018 20:55:00 GMT
Post by Farmer with Shotgun on Aug 13, 2018 20:55:00 GMT
Site Wide Patch 5.0
Hey everyone! Since the last patch, we've been extremely busy with making sure that the Saga kept on trucking along, so many of the ideas we've had for improving the site have been put on hold. That said, we have been working on a few things to make our systems better; most of these are small changes that focus on balancing out the way various systems work, but there are a few big changes that we think you will be excited to see. With that in mind, please check them out below and let us know what you think.
- Summit Staff
This is probably the biggest change we have made during this patch. Instead of every race utilizing the same transformation tree, each race now has their own unique progression path and even options to choose from at each transformation stage. There’s far too much to list here, so just go and check it out. See here.
Amended racial traits on the whole so that most races now have 3 or 4 racial traits, which members then get to select 2 of (the exceptions to this rule are the different types of androids. These cannot be changed after the fact without a wish on the Namekian DBs or above (sorry guys, you’re going to have to leave Earth every once in a while). Some races have more than others, but we may decide to add more in the future (we'll let you know). See here.
We know that this was revamped only recently, but it still felt that followers were essentially just heavily restricted original characters. Aside from their starting stats being higher than an OC’s, there was literally no benefit to having a follower rather than having a separate character. To this end, we have made the following changes:
- Henchmen and Apprentices have been combined into one type of follower to remove unnecessary confusion and unfair advantages from one side to the other.
- Players can now purchase SP for their follower a little at a time each update.
- 10,000z = 2,500 SP (only once per week)
- Followers can be boosted this way, up to a maximum of 20% of their master’s PL.
- Followers can go beyond this level (up to 40%) but this must be done through writing. See here.
- Amended the Sense and Suppression Techniques to give them a practical use in battle rather than just RP flavor-texting
- Fixed a problem where the changes to blocking from patch 4.0 were not accounted for in the technique description. See here.
- Super Namekian adjusted to be more balanced and act as a counter to something like Oozaru.
- Power up restricted to non-unlimited energy users and reduced to +10% Str and Ki for balance.
- Amended deflect so that it was more consistentent with the rest of the system.
- Amended Drain and Super Drain to augment Strength and Ki rather than Ki and Durability, as this makes more sense.
- Tweaked Magic Materialization so that it can no longer be used to swap out the player’s entire outfit, as this negates the need to be selective with your equipment.
- Amended Kaioken so that the definition was less hazy. Now it is clear what this technique actually does.
- Added Double Sunday as a Tier 2 technique.
- Added Weekend as a Tier 3 technique.
- Added Shining Friday as a Tier 3 Technique.
- Restricted the Relentless spec to all races other than Cyborgs to make the fatigue system more balanced with the unlimited energy trait.
- Tweaked the benefits of the Team Player Spec so that it was more useful. Previously the boost in gains you received was the same as the Socialite spec, meaning Team Player was just an inferior version and, therefore, pointless. See here.
- Character switches have been restricted to one per player per month.
- Additional switches are permitted, but at the cost of 15,000z & 20% of the characters stats (or tokens, if you’re Pure RP) See here.
- Added the capacity to wish for racial-trait switches on the Namekian set of Dragon Balls (characters can choose to swap one of their 2 chosen traits out for another of their race traits by using a wish).
-Clarified a rule on the that grants a bonus to players wishing others back to life on the Dragon Balls. See here.
- Saibaman seeds -Removed this item from the Vegeta store and as a rare item on Cold. This is now a special add-on item for homes.
- PTG as we know them NO LONGER EXIST. They've been replaced with a full set of weighted gear. See the various stores throughout the universe.
- Weights now require you to be wearing a certain number of pieces OF that weighted gear! For those who want to hold onto your weights, you will be allowed to do so. For those who don't, you purchase will be refunded (at the original site price).
- Removed the 2 month time requirement for taking over/liberating planets as we thought this might be stifling people’s maniacal/heroic tendencies somewhat. Now it is purely the missions that need to be completed and the planet is yours! See here.
- Removed this system from the “systems and rules” page, as it clearly conflicted with our pre-existing negation and overwhelm systems and generally just didn’t make sense.
- Hard/Very hard/Nearly Impossible rules updated in the "systems and rules" page. Instead of being wooly and based around RP quality, these are now defined with hard numbers as we didn't feel it was fair to be critiquing people's writing to see if they can dodge attacks or not.
- General decluttering of the site (removing the useless forums from Hell etc.)